The cProductInfo Directory Request message may be sent as an HTTP GET message
for one item, or sent via HTTP POST or GET transmitting an XML request for more
than one item.
This is the easiest construct for most
- Type - Either GTIN or ISBN
- Barcode - The digits of the barcode including the check digit
- Username - The e-mail account you used to sign up to cProductInfo
- Password - The password we e-mailed you.
You may transmit either a HTTP POST or GET message passing the XML message in
the xml field. You would use this to request many barcodes descriptions at once
without the overhead of multiple requests.
Sample GET that gets the directory information for a single barcode
The link is tough to read, so here is the breakdown; each item should have an
appropriate XML closing tag...
- xml= - assign the XML to the variable named xml. You may also use a
- <?xml version="1.0"> - easiest way to make an XML
- <Request> - The documentElement. Required the way it is,
closing tag should be at the end of your request.
- <Username> - The e-mail account you used to sign up to
- <Password> - The password we e-mailed you.
- <Barcode type="GTIN"> - The digits of the barcode
including the check digit. Type can be either GTIN or ISBN. More types will
be allowed later. You may have as many <BARCODE> tags as directory
information for barcodes you are requesting. GTIN is a superset of EAN and